MuscleNerd has confirmed that the RedSn0w 0.9.5 beta can jailbreak iPhone 3G iOS 4. The RedSn0w 0.9.5b-3 can also hacktivate iPhone 3G running iOS 4.0 firmware.Read the important section first and then continue to jailbreak iPhone 4G iOS 4.0 firmware with RedSn0w 0.9.5 b5
- RedSn0w is a Jailbreak NOT an unlock.
- RedSn0w 0.9.5 b5-3 supports both the iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G (non-MC version).
- RedSn0w 0.9.5 b5-3 jailbreaks iOS 4.0 final
- It also hacktivates iPhone 3G so can then be unlocked with UltraSn0w 0.93.
- For both Windows and Mac OS X
Disclaimer: This guide for educational purposes only. So, try it at your own risk. We can NOT be held responsible if anything goes wrong.
Let’s start jailbreaking iPhone 3G running iOS 4 with RedSn0w 0.9.5 beta.
Jailbreak iPhone 3G iOS 4 Final
Download the the required stuff linked at the bottom.
Install iOS 4 on your iPhone 3G. you need iTunes 9.2 to do that. (Links below)
- Run the downloaded redsn0w 0.9.5 beta.
- Hit the Browser button. Select the iOS 4 IPSW file.
- Check mark Cydia and hit next button.
- Check mark Enable Multitasking and Wallpaper
- You’ll be instructed to put your iPhone into DFU Mode to install jailbreak.
- When your iPhone3G comes back up, you’ll notice Cydia has a blank white icon (we told you many things were broken right now!) Allow Cydia to reorganize, then accept the update it offers. When Cydia restarts, you should see its real logo now.
- Download RedSn0w 0.9.5 beta5-3 for Windows: [Mirror 1][Mirror 2]
- Download RedSn0w 0.9.5 beta5-3 for Mac: [Mirror 1][Mirror 2]
- Download iOS 4.0
- Download iTunes 9.2
Jailbreak iOS 4.0
You can find all iOS 4.0 jailbreak guides here:
- How to: Jailbreak iOS 4.0
If you’ve an iPhone 3GS and want to install iOS 4 on it and then jailbreak, you can try unofficial PwnageTool bundles. Follow the step by step guide below: